” This part is provided the information about Woods Recycling. However, if you would like to find the places for recycle your old/used Woods in your state, click at “SELECT YOUR AREA” category or click “Zip Code” at top menu bar. As well, you can select other materials which you want to recycle them at “SELECT MATERIAL” category. Although, when you would not like to recycle anymore and looking for the other process to manage your old/used material, we provide the link of “Disposal service” and “Donation centers” at “LINK” category. ”
A numbers of wastes in America are growing from 247 million tons of non-hazardous waste in 1990, to 409 million tons in 2001. The increasing number of wastes in each year causes the crisis of pollution. Recycling is the process of transforming used/wasted materials into useful materials which can be used again. In other word, recycling turns materials that would otherwise become waste into valuable resources. Using recycled materials can lower energy costs for manufacturers because recycling is a key to reduce the consumption of raw materials such as land, plants, minerals, and water, etc. so using materials more than once which means we conserve natural resources as well. Recyclable materials include many kinds of glass, paper, metal, plastic, textiles, and electronics. In each year, Americans haul 82 million tons of trash to recycling center but that’s still just 32.5 percent of trash that US people throw out. To emphasize that why we should recycle the used materials, the following will show the benefit of recycling:
* Greenhouse gas emissions are reduced; by avoiding methane emissions and reducing energy required can contribute to climate change.
* Decreases the amount of CO2 produced.
* Prevents the pollution caused by the manufacturing of products from raw materials.
* Helps maintain the environment for future generations.
* Reduce a number of wastes and saves considerable landfill space.
* Reduces the need for landfill and incineration.
* Reduces the consumption of energy and water.
* Decreases the need for disposal.
* Protects and expands US manufacturing jobs
* Increases US competitiveness.
* Prevents pollution caused by the manufacturing of products from virgin materials.
* Saves energy.
* Saves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals.
How to Recycle Wood?
The types of wood which are recyclable include yard trimmings, lumber, furniture, durable goods, wood packaging, crates, pallets, and other miscellaneous products. However, several wood products can be managed by several ways to recycle your wood waste.
If your wood wastes are yard trimmings and small scraps, follow tips for recycle them in following:
· Contact your local recycling waste center/service and ask them about recycling of yard wastes. Some cities provide curbside for yard waste and some cities provide drop-off places for wood recycling.
· Follow the waste recycling company’s methods to recycle your trimmings. If your trimmings are larger, collect and package them as the methods of your waste recycling company.
On the other hand, if your wood wastes are lumber, furniture and other wood wastes, follow tips for recycle them in following:
· If your wood products such as plywood, timber, flooring, lumber longer than 6 feet, and molding are in good shape that means they can be reused. So, before send your wood waste to recycle, you should separate the reusable wood products first.
· You have to know that treated wood cannot be recycled. They must be disposed as demolition and construction waste. However, if you can remove paint or chemical treat from the wood surface, the wood underneath is usable.
· Contact your local wood recycling center or service and ask them about how to recycle clean wood scraps, you should follow their suggestion. If your lumbers are large or shabbier, you should to cut down those pieces before send it to recycle.
***However, if you are the recycle service providers and would like to add the address of your recycle centers/store in our site, you can send your information in the following:
Thank you for save the world.